Friday, July 24, 2009

Holidays!!!

Alright, so my holidays start in approximately 5 hours! :)
I am going away with my B/F to visit family in BC. We will be without internet or email (except for phone access) but are going to try and not check very much at all. As a designer that sits in front of a computer all day, I do love my computer and the internet but sometimes you just need a break!
So forgive me if I don't answer blogs/emails/yahoo groups for a week.

My wonderful B/F went to my LNS and picked up my order of threads last night (as I was in a meeting) so that I can start two new projects in the car on the way to BC. We have an 8 hour drive ahead of us tomorrow.
They are from my stash purchase just three posts below.

This one is the moon mirror. Here is my small start (I have started both last night just so that I could A) get pics for you all B) know where to start in the car cause it's easier than counting. :)
(the photos of the project are from a book, so hard to see... sorry but thought you could at least get the idea).



And this is the tiny witch ornament that says: No magic until I've had my coffee. I'm going to hang this in my cubicle at work as I am often referred to as the "magic worker" when it comes to fixing file and designs.



As I expect both to be done while I'm away (as they are small) I won't update my sidebar until I return, hopefully with two new finishes!

Well I hope you all have a great week. And I look forward to catching up when we return and posting photos, both stitching and scenic for you.

9 comments:

Marjorie said...

I'm jealous--still have 27 days until my vacation not that I'm counting. Can't wait to see the kitty completed, s/he's cute!

Kathy said...

Have a great vacation.

I love the coffee one and can't wait to see yours finished on thatt fabric.

Silverlotus said...

Enjoy your holidays!

I just finished Moon Mirror recently, and it is just lovely. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

Rene la Frog said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. We will miss you but look forward to hearing all about your holiday when you return.

Carissa said...

Have a wonderful vacation Mel! I'm so envious of you......haven't had a vaca in over a year! Looking forward to your return and tales of your holiday!

Katrien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrien said...

The coffee one looks like a cute pattern.
I hope you have a great holiday

Nancy M said...

A couple nice take along projects. Hope to see them finished by the time you get back.

Cindy F. said...

Hope your vacation is AWESOME!! Cute projects!!