Friday, September 25, 2009

LNS Trip

Well it was probably my last LNS trip of the year (unless I get lucky) as the snow will be flying here sometime in the next month or so. They are going to ship me to Calgary the threads that are on order for my Chatelaine. I feel like I'm hibernating now into stitching at the house. ;)

So... I went there to pick up my JCS Ornament edition. So awesome!
And I got my Counting Bats by Just Nan picked up with the thread pack. I love it so much.
I got a purple fabric for it just like in the pick. If you haven't seen this one here is what it looks like:



I also was spontaneously bad and picked up a Jeanette Douglass that I saw and just loved immediately... it's called Time to Read. And I got a thread back for it too. (sorry I don't have any "real" photos that we took, just these from the 'net today... it was a bit of a crazy night last night). But here is what it looks like:



Thank you for your comments the other day. I did decline the volunteer thing. And I feel good about that decision now. No one responded. So they are either fine with it or mad about it. Either way I feel like it's the right decision for me.

I know alot of you want me to start Circle of Friends... I will do that one very soon. But I think once ducky is done I am going to start Counting Bats. But it may still be another month or so before that happens so we'll see what I'm in the mood for then.

As always thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love all the comments! And I hope everyone has a great weekend.

11 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Isn't new stash so much fun???

JessB said...

Those are fun looking patterns. I love the purple fabric! Have fun hunkering down to stitch.

Carol said...

The Take Time to Read looks very interesting.
Re. the volunteering. Sometimes it's better in the long run to take time for yourself. I took about 2 years out after burning out (school PTO's) and am slowly dipping my toe back into that particular area.

tkdquintmom said...

Let's do it together! I have it all ready to go! I really should work on Scream House but I'm just not in the mood lately...what do you think? It was either that or Bent Creeks Tree series...hmmmmm

Mel said...

Counting Bats Lori??
I would love to do a SAL with you on this one. I need a few weeks to finish up my ducky (or at least close) and then I'm good. We can say once a week stitch at least one night and post a photo?
Let me know if you want to do this...
I don't have your email so I hope you see this. :(

Anonymous said...

I also recently bought Circle of Friends, that I an really wanting to start but I am forcing myself to finish a few things first. It is so beautiful though so you never know.....

Michèle
ILCS

Emily in NC said...

You got some nice things. Have fun stitching Bats when you get to it.

Katrien said...

The new stash looks great.

Nancy M said...

I know several people who have recently bought Counting bats. It looks fun and I love the purple material too!

Meari said...

Nice stashing there, Mel! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Tammy said...

VERY cute stuff!