Wednesday, August 4, 2010

12 Hour Stitching & A RAK

I had a lovely long weekend this past weekend. It included 12 hour stitching at my LNS. These are so great b/c the company is awesome and I get lots stitched! (even if I have to frog now and again b/c I loose my spot from talking). :)

First up today. Dragons.
I have really cruised on this one in the last five weeks. I have 1/3 of the next page already complete! :)
The page I am working on:


The piece to date:

Next up. Hummingbirds
I am very pleased with how these are turning out. Even if I hate doing the backstitch. Here we are with three hummers complete. Just need to do the third border and then just one more to go! I am hoping to complete this by my retreat (on the first weekend in September) so that it can be part of show and tell!


Elfland.
I am still trying to get this one done. I actually gridded down to the bottom of the next page (these are done opposite of how I like to stitch b/c that is how we receive them in the SAL). I was a bit nervous that my count would be off, but so far so good. (sorry this pic didn't come in very good, too dark)

And the most exciting part of my week: I got a RAK from Louanne!
I helped out with the redesign of the Our Friends SAL Blog so that it looks more like the HAED brand. (thank you to Michele for allowing us to use it) and Louanne soooo graciously sent me this HAED chart as a RAK!




Thank you, thank you Louanne!


Our summer has been very cold this year... and it doesn't look to be getting much better. But hey it makes for lots of stitching time. ;)
However we are on holidays in a few weeks so I am looking forward to that. B/F and I have a condo (that was generous donated to us for four days at no cost) that we are going to. It will be our first 'real' vacation with just us! I'm looking forward to it. And of course then my first retreat in September! I just got the info for the weekend and am sooo excited. It is being put on my LNS (where I go for 12 hour stitches).

Everyone has such great looking projects! I have been getting around to blogs, still slow but hopefully I'm getting to everyone's.
Thanks for visiting and happy stitching.

17 comments:

Emily in NC said...

Really like how hummingbirds is turning out. Both the HAEDs look great.

Cynimin said...

12 hours of stitching! That's too good to be true for me! Great stitching and RAK.

Heather said...

Love the 'hummers'. They will be so lovely when complete! And a condo at no charge! Sounds divine!

Jen said...

Great stitching! I really like the humming birds.

Terri said...

Great stitching, great gift and have fun at the retreat. I was suppose to go but was suppose to move too grrr...lol

TammyK said...

Wow you got a lot accomplished in that time too. They're looking great :)

Brigitte said...

Those hummingbirds are so cute. And you made some great progress on your HAEDs.

Bekca said...

Dragons is coming along really well, as are your other two WIPs. I hope you have a lovely summer, even if it is a bit chilly!
Happy stitching.

Meari said...

All your WIPs look great, Mel. I really like the hummingbird piece. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the retreat :)

Pumpkin said...

I would love to be able to get together with other stitchers. No wonder you got off track! LOL!

Beautiful stitching Mel! I just can't get over how many HAEDs you have on the go :o)

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome progress on all of your stitching. Great RAK - enjoy your vacation and retreat!

Nancy M said...

Amazing what you can accomplish in 12 hours! Nice progress on all of them.

Justflo said...

Think the hummings birds are great. Your HAEDs are really growing. Have a good break

Shelley said...

Your stitching looks fabulous!!

Shelley said...

Your stitching looks fabulous!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow both of your HAEDS are going to be amazing!

The Hummingbirds are adorable!

Anonymous said...

J'adore vraiment ces colibris ! Ils sont adorables ! Ce petit oiseaux me rappele toujours le pays aussi lointain où je suis née,

bravo pour tes travaux !

Veronica
http://veronikenfrance.over-blog.com