Friday, February 14, 2014

Counting Bats: From UFO to WIP

Thanks to Stitch from Stash group/project for the year I have actually grabbed what was a UFO and turned it into a WIP! This lovely little Just Nan project was started by me at least 2-3 years ago. I had bought all the lovely silks for it and a gorgeous purple overdyed Weeks Dye Works 32ct fabric. It's odd to think that this project sat for so long as I love it so much. But that is why I need to stop buying things as I just can't seem to keep up with 5 projects nevermind 100. lol.

The first band #7 was complete when I picked it up. The rest have been added since I finished cottages. Sorry about the quality of photos, they are not that great. I'll have my DH do them up for me next time. The fabric is more purple and everything is more vibrant that it is showing in these photos.


I'm still deciding what items to purchase on splurge weekend. I'll update on that early next week and share my excitement over some new projects (that I actually have a plan for, and aren't just stash).
My latest thought/tip on the SFS: When you go to buy a project then have a plan for it ahead of time. That way it doesn't just add to stash and never get done.

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Gillie said...

Mm, good idea. I use index cards for everything and have a list on one right now...... An RR to be finished this weekend, a SAL with a friend, an ornament and two Themalicious things, I'm only working on those for the next week!

Ranae said...

Spooktacular WIP
I kept buying too, I think we all do
We need more hours in a day
Happy stashing!!

Susan said...

Great project. Love the colors. Looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Ruth said...

Brilliant progress! I am very proud of your progress on your SFS commitment -- you are an inspiration for my shopaholic tendencies.

Kate said...

Lovely progress.
I started to keep a stitching journal in 2008 so all projects started since then are listed - I've had a few lapses in keeping the journal part up to date but most of my projects are listed - it's nice to look back and remember what you have worked on.

Rose B said...

That looks like a really fun one to stitch. I love Halloween but I do not stitch very much for that holiday. I am always stitching presents for Christmas at that time of year. I hope to get a chance to stitch up a witch one day soon.

Vicky L said...

Looks great! Great idea too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love it Mel - great progress :-)

Valerie said...

Your determination is an inspiration. Thanks for the middle-of-the-month boost!

Lulu said...

What an adorable design. So glad your SFS helped you rediscover a piece you love!

Bekca said...

That's brilliant Mel that you're unearthing your UFOs. I think my current stash will keep me occupied for awhile yet :)
Best wishes.

Stitchinowl said...

What a cute design. I've never seen that pattern before. Thanks for the SFS tip. Here's my tip: Think about whether the pattern will be enjoyable to stitch, not just how it looks.
Happy Stitching Sunday,
Carolyn

Lonneke said...

It looks great.
Isn't it a nice feeling to be working on and finishing things you've already started in stead of only adding to the pile? I like it.

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow love love love this project. The colours are perfect on this fabric especially if it's more purple than the pic shows. Beautiful work.
Alicia xo