Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Help! - Wanting Calendar Girls

How's everyone doing in bland ole March?

Me? I'm not loving March... I never do. I just want to buy stuff!!! But I already have some bids on eBay that will take up budget and I just don't want to be in debt to future months as I think that would be way worse.

So let's talk about my latest loves... maybe you can convince me out of them? (or faun over how much you love them too).
I really don't need anymore continuous patterns for a year set. I don't know why I love them so much, like cottages, and then have nothing to do with them... but damn they draw me in.

So my latest, OMG why didn't I join that yearly group? 
Calendar Girls from Little House Needleworks
Aren't they coming in so cute (one per month this year released):

I mean come on so cute!?
But alas... unnecessary for me. So I will drool and be unable to explain why.

To share my vision; I might actually drop the months but use the vines between the girl and the months, then put the girls on one row side by side... can you see it? I can.

Seeing as how I haven't really stitched much in a long while I really don't need NEW things. And I want to start Turrets after Counting Bats. (which I'd share a pic of but it's pathetic like 20 stitches since you last saw it). And the ever needing to be worked on Dragons calls me (it says you're only 3.5 pages away from done).

However, the store is slowing down (sad for income but good for stitching time); so later this month, or even this coming weekend  might be some good stitching time coming my way.

Alright everyone... I hope you are all doing well and beating the "SMarch" blues (if you get that reference then yeah, if you don't that's okay it's just from a  silly cartoon with yellow people).

Stitch away and know that spring is on it's way. For many of you long before it will be for me!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mel... it's probably more spring-like here in my part of BC than it is in Calgary... I know very well what that is like!

I sort of like monthly-themed things also, but never know what to do with them. I mean, how many can you have sitting around? So I tend to avoid them...or leave off the month, and make greeting cards out of them...

Shelly said...

I'll talk you out of Calendar Girls if you can talk me out of the Mercy Goodehart Sampler that Shakespeare's Peddler has for sale on her Etsy site! I'm going through the same thing you are, asking myself if I really need it. The silks alone will eat up 3 months worth of budget. The DMCs would be cheaper! I can also see your vision for the Girls. It would look great! Good Luck with your willpower!

cucki said...

Aww these girls are so cute and I am loving them so much too :)
Yup good luck with your Will power ..
Huge hugs x

Theresa said...

I see your plan for the girls, I think it would look great. I swore off monthly series after I'd completed the CCN cottages. Frosty Forest keeps calling to me though and I love the new CCN Morning Song. Must remain strong!

Gillie said...

Not tempted by them, pretty though they are......oh, whoops was meant to be coming alongside and encouraging you to stay strong, wasn't I? Just keep reading Wilmas's comment over and over........!

Stitchinowl said...

If you decide to get the Calendar Girls, I like your idea to drop the month names. This series is just not something I would stitch...just not feeling it. If I were you, I would wait a few months and see if you even still want it. Something else may catch your eye.
Carolyn

Von said...

Hang in there! Spring will come and the longer you hold out pulling the trigger on purchasing the calendar girls, the stronger you'll become. Maybe, lol! Wishing you sunshine and daffodils.

Cole said...

Happy First Day of Spring! I hope you didn't wake up to a blanket of the white stuff like we did!! Mother Nature's pranks are no longer very funny around here...

Mama Dog said...

Stay strong! lol, just remind yourself, 'Where will I put them?, What will I do with them?'

On the other hand I think your idea about the lines and the girls is a good one.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Spring makes everyone want to start things new or make changes, both of which cost money !!

I love your calendar ladies :-)

Susan said...

I also tend to get caught up in sets or series. Fortunately, this one didn't call to me. I was so hoping our snow on Monday was the last of the season but there's another possibility on Tuesday! Come on Mother Nature - I live in central Virginia - it's supposed to be warm and sunny right now.

Unknown said...

Love the calendar girls...going through my stash for something to stitch. Lol.have seen so many i want but really trying to stay and usw my stash

Jo said...

I keep seeing Calendar Girls advertised and I'm so tempted. Great idea about leaving out the months, it would make a nice runner.

EvalinaMaria said...

Hmmm, I have them on my wish list. Since I'm relaying on 123stitch for my purchases and the shipping charges just went up I'm waiting for a few more releases and buy 6 at once.