Tuesday, March 14, 2017

New Start - Alice HaED!!!

It's finally time!!!
My new EPIC project is started.
This one is: endorsed by my husband, going to be kept for us(!!!), and absolutely huge (it's bigger than Dragons)!

So what is it? 
Title: My Wonderland (here forth known as 'Alice')
Artist: Enys Guerrero
Designer: Heaven and Earth Designs

Being done up with: 
- 28ct Lugana in Ivory
- 1 over 1 thread
- DMC colours as per chart

Sizing: 
- 450 wide X 651 high
- On 28ct final stitched size will be: 17" x 24"

I did get a chance to get a teeny tiny amount of stitches into her this past weekend... 


The beginning of what will likely take many years... 


In other crazy news: 
My husband won a trip to Seattle for one night and to see a rock band called the Japandroids last week!!! So on Saturday we are leaving for Seattle. Never been there so we moved flights and are paying our own hotel for two nights so that we can spend more than one day there. 
If anyone knows of stitching shops that are must see in Seattle (especially if in downtown area) please let me know and I'll see if I can manage to squeeze some visits in!  :) 

So next update might be with travel photos! I know it's been so long since we travelled I think I've forgotten how. Here's hoping we get across the border no problem (lol)! 

15 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

So there you are putting the 'Epic' back in 'Epic Stitching' - big time! I'm looking forward to following your progress on this lovely project. And to travel pictures - have fun and a safe trip!

Robin in Virginia said...

Have a wonderful adventure to Seattle! Look forward to hearing about it when you return. Nice start on your new "epic" project!

Beth in IL said...

Nice start!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I love the piece you've chosen to work on. I know it's not a Disney-fied version of Alice in Wonderland, but I love the design. I'm a Seattle native and apologize for the weather we're having right now. I'm unsure of any stitching shops in Downtown Seattle, but please do visit Pike Place Market and all the local shops down there. Maybe you'll find a hidden gem down at the Market. I'll definitely be following your blog, as I look forward to seeing more updates.

Justine said...

Wow - that is certainly epic! I love Alice but prefer a traditional non-Disney style. But yours looks amazing! Have you read Alice by Christina Henry? It's a very dark reworking of Alice and your HAED could be a depiction of her Alice.
I am so looking forward to watching this one grow.

Keebles said...

Good luck on your trip and congrats on the new start!

Elaine said...

I work downtown (by the Space Needle) and unfortunately we don't have much in the way of brick-and-mortar stitching shops. There is one out in Issaquah (Threadneedle Street), but it's a fair drive from Seattle, and it is mainly needlepoint (although they do have a nice supply of fabric). I add my apologies for the weather. Rain, rain, rain.

deb said...

17 by 24 over one and solidly stitched ... I am agape!

Enjoy the Seattle trip!

The Crafty Princess said...

Absolutely love this chart. I can't wait to see further progress. Have fun in Seattle too.
xo Alicia

Karen said...

Wow! Epic!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is truly an Epic chart for Epic Mel! Like Justine I thought of Christina Henry's Alice as soon as I saw the picture of her.
Have a wonderful time in Seattle.

CJ said...

That in one big project. I look forward to seeing your progress. Have fun in Seattle.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Holy cow! This project is HUGE! Cannot wait to see it grow :D I hope you have fun in Seattle!

Vickie said...

Congrats on hubby's win!!!! Wow!! That is a great HAED!!! Can't wait to see it stitched!

Sara said...

Enjoy your HAED, can't wait to see it grow!