Friday, April 21, 2017

Stitching - Alice: A blob of cream, peach & pink

Are you all super excited to see pictures of blobs of cream, peach, pink and some brown for the next, who knows how long?
I hope so cause there's gonna be a lot of that on this HAED. :)

Below is the 'first' page of my HAED, being affectionately called "Alice". What she will eventually look like is to the right.
For those wondering... this is not the top left corner like most people start with. This is the bottom left hand corner because I was taught to stitch as a lefty even though I'm a righty. Anyways I stitch 'upside down' or some such thing. It doesn't actually matter so long as all the stitches and crosses go the same direction and I've been doing it this way for 20+ years and there's no way I'm changing. So I start in the bottom left hand corner of giant pieces like this and stitch to the right and up.
So here she is to date:

I know this update is so super exciting we all can't possibly hold in our glee. LOL. 
Sadly this little blob is hours and hours of work so far. But gotta keep in mind this is a long, long road; just like Dragons was. And there is by no means a time restriction on this girly. 

In other news: My March Dragon has been started trying to stay one month behind (and no more) from the SAL. It's a bit tough to motivate myself on the little Dragons right now because all I really want to do is work on Alice! But it'll work itself out I'm sure. 
Next week is my local Comic Con! So little to no stitching is likely, but lots of geeking out will be had! 
Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you are off to a good start on "Alice". You could always do 10 hours or so on Alice and then work a bit on the March Dragon. Enjoy your weekend!

cucki said...

wow its coming on so lovely..
enjoy your weekend.
love and smiles x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great start but I would be stitching on a hand dyed so I didn't have to do the background at all LOL
Love the Dragon SAL too, looking forward to seeing your next dragon.

deb said...

Oh my ... your progress picture gives a good idea of how big a project Alice is - wow!

Justine said...

Great start! As you say there's no time limit so I'm sure you'll get there.

Leonore Winterer said...

You can stitch in whatever direction you prefer to, it will always look gorgeos :) Great progress so far!

Bekah said...

I love how the backgound shapes are beginning to develop. Good progress!